Staying healthy is certainly on our minds these days so I thought I’d share what I’m doing to ensure I stay ‘ON FORM’.
I’ve chosen these things specifically because they are proven to block Interleuken-6 (IL-6) inflammation, which is how COVID-19 affects our bodies. These are not a cure, but have been well researched to be effective in turning-off IL-6 inflammation in other instances.
Here’s what I’m doing:
- Spicing things up: adding Sage, Oregano, Bay leaf, Rosemary & Curcumin to my food
- Cooking with olive oil
- Drinking green tea
- Consuming bone broth every day to get in extra Glycine
- Taking Magnesium, Zinc, Sulphoraphane (broccoli sprout extract),Omega 3 and Vitamin D3 with A & K2 daily
- I’ve also added Vitamin C for an extra immunity boost
- I’m prioritizing sleep and letting myself wake-up naturally (or at least until the cat decides it’s time for me to wake-up!)
- As the gym is closed, I go for a walk or do a home workout every day.
- To keep my stress down, I only check one official COVID-19 website in the morning and watch one news program and avoid media the rest of the day.
- Finally, I have Echinacea and L-Glutamine at the ready in case I start feeling respiratory symptoms.
FYI, these are the culprits that keep IL-6 inflammation going:
- Fried foods
- High glycemic index foods (white bread, bagels, packaged breakfast cereals, rice, pasta, cake, cookies…)
- Chronic insomnia
- Over training or long endurance training
- Smoking (including marijuana)
Stay strong and healthy,
© ONFORM Coaching 2020. All rights reserved.