Starting the day off right with a protein-based breakfast. These are child tested and approved!
Yield: 14 patties
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) dried parsley
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground thyme
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground ginger
- 25 ml (1/4 tsp.) red pepper flakes (optional)
- 25 ml (1/4 tsp.) ground sage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red apple, cored and finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 450 g turkey breast, ground
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Tapioca starch to thicken
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Add Tapioca starch as needed to form patties.
- Use a 80 ml (1/3 cup) measuring cup to measure out mixture and form into patties.
- Heat a little coconut oil or butter in a sauté pan over medium high heat and cook patties until golden brown – approximately 3 minutes each side.
This is a great recipe to make ahead and freeze into individual serving sizes. I remove them from the freezer the night before and place them in the fridge overnight to defrost.