Not only is this recipe gluten and dairy free, it is very low carb with only 14 grams per slice. Compare this to standard banana bread recipes where you can count on 30-50 grams per slice.
I promise you won’t miss the added sugar in this recipe!
Yield: 10 servings
- 3 medium-ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp /15ml nut butter (e.g. almond butter)
- 2 tsp /5 ml vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup /65 g unsweetened coconut or almond milk (from carton)
- 3/4 cup/100 g almond flour
- 1/3 cup /45 g coconut flour
- 1/2 cup /65 g raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon /5 ml baking soda
- 1/4 tsp / 2.5 ml sea salt
- 1/4 cup /32 g cacao nibs (optional add-in)
Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line an 8” x 4” (20 X 10 cm) bread pan with parchment paper.
Combine bananas, eggs, nut butter, coconut milk and vanilla extract in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, baking soda and sea salt and whisk together until well combined.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well incorporated. Fold in cacao nibs if using.
Pour dough into your lined bread pan and bake for 22-25 minutes.
Let cool and remove from pan. Store covered in the fridge.
© ONFORM Coaching, 2020