Take your hummus up a notch with the addition of roasted sweet potato! You’ll be enjoying:
- Extra vitamin A and vitamin C, plus added antioxidants that support detoxification
- Plenty of fibre for a well-balanced snack
- A boost of flavour and texture with the addition of sweet potato and warming spices
YIELD: 8 servings (serving = 1/3 cup)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 can chick peas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, halved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F) and pierce with a fork several times.
- Place your sweet potato on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast it for about 45 minutes, or until it’s fork-tender.
- Cool completely, then remove the skin with your fingers and cut it into large chunks.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor & purée until smooth.
- Place in serving bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with sesame or pumpkin seeds if desired.
Contact me if you’d like to learn more recipes from the Institute for Functional Medicine that support natural detoxification
© ONFORM coaching 2023
Image by: ambitiouskitchen.com