I love this Mediterranean inspired one-dish meal as it is full of flavour and colours and comes together in minutes.
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 small aubergine, cut into chunks
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) olive oil, plus 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) for drizzling
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- 4 chicken legs, skin on
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into chunks (optional)
- Fresh rosemary sprigs or dried rosemary
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Heat oven to 180°C/350°F.
Lay all the vegetables and the tomatoes in a shallow roasting tin. Pour over the olive oil and give everything a good mix until well coated (hands are easiest for this).
Put the chicken breasts, skin side up, on top of the vegetables and tuck in some rosemary sprigs, if using. Season everything with salt and black pepper and drizzle a little oil over the chicken.
Roast for about 50-60 minutes on 200°c then turn oven to broil for last 5 minutes to ensure chicken is golden and slightly crispy.
Yield: Serves 4
Recipe inspired from BBC Good Food