This family favourite recipe takes minutes to assemble and is packed with flavour.
Cooking at home doesn’t need to be complicated!
Makes 4 servings
- 600g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 400g (14.5oz) tin diced tomatoes
- diced green chilies-fresh or jarred (optional)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 large bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) chili powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) cumin
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) garlic powder
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) dried oregano
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Lightly grease a 33×23×5 (9 X 12) baking sheet with olive oil. Mix together chicken, tomatoes, chilies, peppers, and onions in the sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the oil and spices. Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- To save time, use chicken tenders – to save money, buy chicken breast and cut them up yourself
- You can serve this with tortillas or rice but I like to keep this low carb so I serve mine on a bed of lettuce.
- It’s delicious with a dollop of guacamole and Greek yoghurt!
- Feel free to increase spices to suit your taste.
Original recipe from: Eatin’ on the Cheap
© ONFORM coaching 2023