I also call these my ‘clean out the fridge’ muffins because I add whatever vegetables I have left-over (pre-cooked or raw).
The muffins pictured had roasted red pepper, chopped cooked chicken, raw broccoli and some fresh chives from the garden.
Makes 6 muffins
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) olive oil (for greasing muffin tins or use a silicone muffin form and skip the oil)
- 5 medium eggs, beaten
- 175 g (1 cup) broccoli, chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped (or substitue in fresh green onion or chives)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chili flakes (optional)
- 35 g (1/4 cup) feta or sharp cheddar
- Preheat oven to 225° C.
- Lightly oil muffin tin with olive oil (or you can use a silicone muffin tin which doesn’t need greasing). Add chopped broccoli evenly to each muffin hole then top with chopped onion and red pepper. Add seasonings to eggs and beat to mix together. Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetables.
- Sprinkle Feta on each muffin.
- Place muffin tin on baking sheet and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- When cooked, let sit for 5 minutes then remove from muffin tin. Cool completely then store in refrigerator.